Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's summer, why am I working??

 The answer to that is because I'm addicted to teaching!! Hi everybody! I am brand spankin new to this whole blogging thing, other than blog stalking I do on a daily basis. My name is Christy and I teach kindergarten in Las Vegas, NV. This Fall will be my 7th year to teach. I have been at the same school since that first, first day of kindergarten 6 years ago. I am a kindergarten teacheraholic!!! I have been out for summer since June 8 and lazed around for about 2 days until I couldn't take it anymore, I had to do something for my classroom!! I have been reading the Daily 5 and really want to start it this year and am curious as to how any of you fabulous teachers do it in a kindergarten class (cause we all know kinder is a whole other beast). Anyway I have been working on the listen to reading portion of D5. I bought about 30 books on tape at a garage sale a few years ago for about 5 bucks total and have been converting them from tape to cd. I have no patience for a tape player!! I have tried and tried, used pictures and stickers to get them to do it on their own, but I am always up fixing something for them. So for Christmas( I ask for things for my classroom :) I recieved this device Grace Digital Audi Tape2USB to transfer tapes to my computer which then I could burn onto a CD. So all day today I have been doing just that. It works pretty good!

I am a HUGE fan of Shari Sloane www.kidscount1234.com and Kim Adsit kindergals.blogspot.com. If you haven't cheked them out, you are missing out!! Anyway so I have been printing out the song books that Kim creates for Shari Sloane's music, for more listen to reading time. After they are printed I glue them onto construction paper and then laminate. I needed a laminating machine, since I am not allowed to use the one at school and I can't wait until the first day of school when everybody is trying to get their laminating done. I did just have a birthday and should have thought to ask my boyfriend for a laminating machine, but I didn't so I had to go searching for one. I found one on eBay and bought it for a pretty reasonable price. I haven't recieved it yet so I can't give ya'll any reviews, but I will keep you posted.

So thats my first blog entry, not too exciting. Hopefully I can spruce things up a little in the next one. I am working on some pinterest inspired classroom ideas!

3 comments:

Lauren Augustine said...

Hi! I read daily 5 this summer too and am looking forward to implementing into my class this year. Excited to follow and see how it goes for you! Stop by for a visit when you can! =)

Lauren
Miss Augustine's Kindergarten

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren! You are my first follower outside of my family:)! I have so many questions about blogging, but I am learning. :)
Christy

Heather's Heart said...

Hi Christy! I am happy to be your newest follower. Welcome to blogging. I am happy to help if you ever need anything. =)

I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment